- Leverage your brand and increase foot traffic.
- Customize van graphics and van rentals increase your visibility everywhere.
- Make more, pay less, and stay ahead of the competition.
What Is a Storage Affiliate Advertising Van?
- A brand new Ford Transit every year to be used for van advertising and rentals
- A van branded with your storage business logo to incentivize and attract new storage customers — See what others are doing
- An advertising van you can rent to your customers and make the industry’s best commission
- A van designed with your business logo. Delivered to your storage facility for free
Why Do I Need Van Advertising?
Let’s face it…the storage industry is incredibly competitive, and many cities are adopting unfriendly sign ordinances. Getting your business name in front of your customers is the key to renting storage rooms. If you have shopped around for advertising, you already know it costs thousands of dollars monthly.
With an advertising van, you make all the decisions on where you advertise your business; you are no longer bound to a static sign.
Every year there are millions of potential storage customers that could see your mobile van advertising in their neighborhood. Imagine getting this visibility completely free of charge!
Compare Cost of Advertising
Cost per 1000 impressions
Based on top 100 markets in the U.S. Source: SQAD 2005, Media Dynamics, Inc.
Pay $0.00 for your van ad and get seen by more people!
How Much Does an Affiliate Advertising Van Cost?
With a Storage Affiliate Advertising Van, you make the normal rental commission on the van throughout the month. At the end of each month, if you have met the low monthly minimum requirement, the van effectively costs you ZERO!
Annual Graphic Installation Fees (Includes Installation and Delivery)
Standard Graphic Installation Fee: $599
Van images with your business name and contact information
Premium Graphic Installation Fee: $799
Van images with your business information and logo
Advertising Van Delivery Fee: Free
We will deliver your custom imaged advertising van to your facility at no cost to you. Compare that to the competition!
What is the Minimum Revenue Requirement?
The minimum revenue requirement is the amount of rental revenue that you must earn with your Storage Affiliate Advertising Van monthly in order to avoid paying out of pocket costs. The minimum revenue requirement varies monthly based on seasonal consumer trends. As a general rule, if you rent the van every other day you will make enough money to offset the annual graphic fee and meet the minimum revenue requirement.
Why Shouldn’t I Just Lease or Buy My Own Truck?
- If you own or lease your own truck, one accident can place your business in jeopardy by exposing you to millions in lawsuit costs. A Storage Affiliate Advertising Van is a rental truck backed by U-Haul who assumes the liability exposure.
- Rental vehicles typically are not driven by their customers like they would their own car, and some don’t have the experience of driving anything larger than their own car. This results in repair, maintenance, and towing costs in the thousands, which you as the owner are responsible for. A Storage Affiliate Advertising Van is a rental truck backed by U-Haul who assumes all repair and maintenance costs.
- If you own your own truck, that customer will call you to resolve the breakdown and work on getting some help out to them. With a Storage Affiliate Advertising Van, U-Haul staffs a 24/7 call center to handle Roadside Assistance at no charge to you.
96% of respondents say mobile advertising is more effective than traditional outdoor advertising.
– Outdoor Advertising Magazine
Compare Us to the Competition
|Annual Costs Under $1,000||YES||NO|
|New Van & Graphic Every Year||YES||NO|
|Monthly Lease Fee||NO||YES|
|Monthly Insurance Costs||NO||YES|
|Monthly Maintenance Fee||NO||YES|
|Web Based Rental System||YES||NO|
|Access to U-Haul Customers||YES||NO|
How Do I Qualify?
Be an active U-Haul Dealer Affiliate using our business platform, participate fully in our Payment Processing Program, and accept storage reservations from U-Haul.
- Be an active U-Haul Dealer Affiliate using our business platform. Not a U-Haul Dealer Affiliate? Become one today
- Not offer tenant insurance other than Safestor to your storage customers
- Not offer a competitor’s moving supplies
- Use our WebSelfStorage reservation process on your website
- Be 100 percent compliant with the Level 1 Truck Inspection Program
Don’t meet all the requirements? Apply today and we’ll help you get there!
You pay for the graphic cost when you receive the van.
If the graphic is damaged during the course of a U-Haul rental, we will replace the graphic free of charge.
If you do not meet the minimum monthly-revenue requirement, the balance will be deducted from your commission earned. If you did not make enough commission to cover this cost, then you pay the difference out of pocket.
No, but you do have to pay the $599 or $799 graphic and installation fee each year. You can change the design of your graphic yearly with for no additional fee!
You may return the van with no refund on the graphic or any other costs.
No, the only vehicle offered for this program is a brand-new Ford Transit.
We can design a basic logo for you for a small fee.
No problem. We only require our reservation process if you have a website.
No problem, we only require you to offer Safestor if you do.
No problem, we only require that if you do, that you sell ours or your own self branded moving supplies.